Friday, February 24, 2012

The Faithfulness of God

Our Daily Bread
I love the vivid references used in the Old Testament at times.  I don't always understand them because our culture and climate is very different in Central Ohio than in Israel!  We don't see a lot of palm or cedar trees here!  ;-)

The devotional talks about how a child of God will appear to others if we are "well rooted" in his Word and his love.  We will be beautiful like a mature palm tree, never fading in the desert sun.  We will be unbending in our faith and works like the unbending cedars of Lebanon.  I remember Solomon used a heck of a lot of cedars in the temple!  Wow!

Would you describe your life as "well rooted"?  Ask God how today!

Lord, thank you for making our hearts fertile to your Word and your love if we will just turn ourselves over to you.

Foodie Friday
I tried a green sauce at El Vaquero on Tuesday night.  I thought it was going to be the green sauce I used to get at Tumbleweed many years ago.  It was different!  This was a hot sauce instead of a milder, chicken broth based sauce.  Here is the recipe for the green sauce I had on Tuesday.  It was hot and tasty!


Mexican Green Sauce

Ingredients
1 lb tomatillos, husked and washed
2 -3 fresh jalapenos, seeded
5 sprigs fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 small onions, chopped
1 garlic cloves, chopped
6 -7 fresh mint leaves (optional)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups vegetable broth
¼ teaspoon salt

Directions
Boil the tomatillos and jalapenos in salted water until just tender, about 10 minutes, then drain.
Place in blender or food processor with cilantro, onion and garlic (mint, if desired) and blend until smooth.
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Pour sauce in and stir for 5 minutes.
Add broth and salt, return to a boil, then simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until thickened.


Other Stuff
I went to see the movie Haywire after work last night.  I missed it when it first came out.  I guess I should say I really didn't miss much!  I will review on Monday.

I had some nice conversations with mi tigre.  I miss him so much.  He is becoming more special to me each day.  I also had some phone and text conversations with other friends after the movie.

I had choir practice at church, and then went home.

I have a few things to do this weekend.  Nothing too major.  It will be nice.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment