Monday, February 6, 2012

All good gifts...

Our Daily Bread
Do you have any items that are precious to you because they came from someone special?  I have a small book case that my grandmother made me when I was in college.  She couldn't afford to buy me one, so she made me one with her own two hands!  Remember how precious those items seem to you and how you protect them and are thankful for them?

The devotional today reminds me to think of all good gifts (the song from the Broadway show Godspell) as being from God and to be grateful for them each and every day!  Wow!  I forget that sooooooo often!  It is so easy to do when you aren't focused on God and being grateful!

Make a list of at least ten things you are grateful for each day.  Post the list on your fridge where you will see it frequently.  Be grateful!

Lord, I thank you for my many gifts.  Please help me never forget the source!

Movie Monday
I didn't make it to the movie theaters this week, however I watched two movies on the Amazon Instant Video service.  Mi tigre and I watched the Swedish version (with dubbed English) of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  There were some differences between that version and the American version.  We liked parts of both versions. I watched the other two movies in the series: The Girl who played with Fire and The Girl who kicked the Hornets' nest.

All I can say is WOW!  The movies fit together like episodes in a TV series.  They are one big story of Lizbeth and her unbelievable life.  Each movie has twists and turns in it that keep your interest.  They all have OMG! moments!  ha!  Like the first movie, they can be a little slow in places.  They more than make up for it in the last hour or so of each movie.

While the first movie focuses on finding a killer, the second and third movies focus on Lizbeth's life.  You will not believe the story line!

I highly recommend seeing them.  Very cool movies especially when seen close together.

I give these movies three bear paws!

Other Stuff
I took it easy on Sunday.  I guess I did more over the weekend than I thought.  I fixed some lunch after I got home from church and then took a nap.  I had some nice conversations with mi tigre during the course of the day.  He is so very sweet to me.  I am so grateful for having met him (see the devotional above, hehehe).

Mens chorus rehearsal went well.  I am in better shape with learning music than what I thought.  I will work on that this week.

I have a busy week.  Lots to do before my Chicago trip.  I am already packed, so that helps.  ;-)

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment