Sunday, February 19, 2012

I am listening!

Our Daily Bread
We recently had a sermon on today's scripture passage.  A few folks acted out the passage which was very cool!  I was imagining was it was like for a young boy to be called by God!

How are we responding today?  Are we listening for God's voice at every turn?  Do we seek his will and to do the things that will bring his kingdom to earth?  I liked the the suggestion at the end of the devotional where it says we should read God's Word often and start each study session with something like Samuel's response "Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening".  Wow!

Lord, there are so many voices and images forced into our minds each day.  Please help us identity yours and listen as your servants!

Psalm Sunday
Psalm 36 is the psalm for this week.  I think it is a typical one of this type: talk about the fate of the wicked, talk about the faithfulness of the Lord, talk about the confidence in his love and care.  Very cool!


Psalm 36

    For the director of music. Of David the servant of the LORD.
 1 I have a message from God in my heart
   concerning the sinfulness of the wicked:
There is no fear of God
   before their eyes.

 2 In their own eyes they flatter themselves
   too much to detect or hate their sin.
3 The words of their mouths are wicked and deceitful;
   they fail to act wisely or do good.
4 Even on their beds they plot evil;
   they commit themselves to a sinful course
   and do not reject what is wrong.

 5 Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens,
   your faithfulness to the skies.
6 Your righteousness is like the highest mountains,
   your justice like the great deep.
   You, LORD, preserve both people and animals.
7 How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!
   People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
8 They feast on the abundance of your house;
   you give them drink from your river of delights.
9 For with you is the fountain of life;
   in your light we see light.

 10 Continue your love to those who know you,
   your righteousness to the upright in heart.
11 May the foot of the proud not come against me,
   nor the hand of the wicked drive me away.
12 See how the evildoers lie fallen—
   thrown down, not able to rise!


Other Stuff
I had a nice day on Saturday.  I ran some errands early in the morning (spent too much money at Walmart). I came home and used my new-to-me workout equipment.  I will enjoy this for years to come!  I ate a healthy lunch.  I tried to take a nap, but I was still hyper from the workout.  ;-p  I rented a movie on Amazon Instant Video.  The service seems to work great on my Bluray player!  I will review the movie tomorrow.  hehehe  I took some cardboard to the recycling center on my way to my walking buddy's house for dinner.  We had a great time at dinner.  They made my favorite: pot roast!  Woohooo!  Her husband felt well enough to come downstairs for a little while.  I didn't want to overstay my welcome so I left about 8:00.  I came home and finished making my phone calls for the day.  I had a couple of nice conversations with mi tigre during the day.  I really like him.  ;-)

Not sure what today will bring besides church.  I got up early to workout before church.  I might work on clearing crap out of my basement to make a better space for my workout equipment.  I realized I had about 15 years worth of financial records stored.  I need to dispose of some of that stuff.  I also have some other stuff down there I don't need/use.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment