Friday, February 3, 2012

Not just for lawyers...

Our Daily Bread
The devotional talked about a lawyer that, after accepting Christ as his Savior, decided to give up his practice to "plead the case of the Lord" to everyone that would listen.  Wow!  I have a lawyer friend that is considering the same option!  I emailed him a link to the devotional to encourage him and to let him know he wasn't the only one!

The other thing I thought about while reading the devotional is the calling of the disciples in Matthew.  Jesus calmly and confidently told them "I will make you fishers of men".  They gave up their way of life, all that they knew, to follow Christ.

What is Christ asking us to do?  What are we supposed to give up?  Are those things really more important than our Lord?

Lord, help us to take up our nets and follow you!

Foodie Friday
Mi tigre and I cooked a lot last week during his visit.  Here is one of the breakfast muffin recipes we made.  Very tasty and very healthy!


Turkey Bacon Bran Muffins

Ingredients
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1 1/2 cups wheat bran
1/2 cups buttermilk
1 egg
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup chopped crispy turkey bacon
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dried fruit (cherries, blueberries, cranberries , dates etc)
Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
Mix together wheat bran and buttermilk/applesauce mixture
Beat togetherl, egg, sugar and vanilla and add to buttermilk, applesauce n /bran /flaxmixture. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into buttermilk mixture, until just blended. Fold in fruit/ bacon and spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean


Other Stuff
I was supposed to work out last night and was too tired.  I rested before running and errand or two and driving to choir practice.  I slept like a rock last night!  I feel much better this morning.

I have several things to do this week to catch up on stuff I didn't take the time to do during mi tigre's visit.  I will get that stuff done in the next week or so.  I will also have some time during my Chicago trip to read and learn music.  I want to submit my taxes this weekend.  I have a refund coming this year.  Woohooo!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment