Sunday, February 12, 2012

On Location: Chicago -- the trip home

Our Daily Bread
Today's devotional is a follow up from the Wednesday entry -- having faith when you pray.  The devotional reminded me of a Garth Brooks song that was in the back of my memory.  I read the words and thought about them this morning before I left Chicago.  Have you ever had a time in your life when you looked back and thanked God for NOT answering your prayers?  hehehe

I had a situation like this come to mind.  I have been clearing out the garbage and crap from my mind and heart the past few months so I can be a better man and better husband.  Is mi tigre the man I am supposed to be with?  We are getting to know each other to figure that out.  How about the other two men I have written about so much in the blog?  Well, the GB song reminded me to thank God for answering the many, many prayers about making one of those men my life partner.  Whew!  I knew they were both wrong for me, but I hung on with my stubborn mind and fragile heart for way too long.  I have tried being friends with both of them.  I can be friends with one.  The other friendship is too unhealthy for me to continue.  The saddest thing he doesn't have a clue why.  It is always the other person's problem (and there have been many...).

What am I going to do next?  Pray for discernment.  Pray for wisdom.  Pray for the things that I know God wants me to have.  The most important is "wholeness".  I wrote about that some here and there.  I will gather some more research into this topic.

I think the most important thing to learn from this lesson is: pray!  Even if you "don't know how" or "feel uncomfortable".  Talk to God like a friend.  Listen for him to speak back.  Be open.

Lord, thank you for answered and unanswered prayers!  Praise God!

Wrapping it all up
I flew back to Columbus this morning and are my arms tired!  hehehe  Seriously, the flight home was painless.  The security at the airport was easy this time.  Whew!  I got up and took a shower.  I finished packing then headed to train station just outside my hotel.  I said goodbye to the cute cub working at the front desk.  He was very nice the entire weekend.

I saw movies yesterday afternoon.  It was too cold to walk around very much.  I saw museums and other stuff the last two trips.  I snuggled up to some iced tea and some chicken strips and enjoyed three movies.  I will write about them tomorrow.  I watched a little of the Ohio State - Michigan State debacle and the beginning of the Kentucky - Vanderbilt game.  I had a quick talk with mi tigre and went fast asleep!

Here are a few pics from the car show.  I had a blast!







No comments:

Post a Comment