Thursday, February 23, 2012

Insurance

Our Daily Bread
I work in the insurance industry.  I don't know that much about it really, but I understand the general concept -- you have someone to rely on when things go bad.  Unfortunately, many folks view their relationship with God the same way.  They only pray or pay attention to him when things go bad!

The scripture passage covers several major topics in my opinion.  Here are the ones I liked the most:
1. We should be full of God's works if we are his children
2. The Word of God should be alive and active in our lives
3. We can approach the throne of grace with confidence if we are his children

Wow!  How amazing!  It is like a little daily checklist for "Am I being a good Christian today?"  hehehe  For those of us who like checklists, it works!  hehehe

Lord, help us to read and live the passage from Hebrews.  We want to serve you.

Technology Thursday
So the rumors are flying about the iPad3, if that is what Apple is going to call it.  A friend shared an internal work memo talking about how his company was going to offer the 4G iPad3 at the first part of March.  We will see about that.  There is still a lot of discussion about what the other features will be.  Apple will tell us in due time.  I told my friend "I want hardware!".  hehehe

I have also been watching an amazing industry trend -- instead of desktop/laptop OS design driving mobile devices, it is now the other way around!  Apple and Microsoft are adding features from their mobile OS's to their desktop/laptop OS's.  That is pretty amazing in my opinion.  We will see how Microsoft does with Windows 8.

The other things to check out sometime are the new port standards: Thunderbolt and USB 3.0.  MUCH faster interfaces for all kinds of devices that can hook up to your computers.  We will see if one standard wins out or if we will still have multiple standards.  They both have their advantages.

Other Stuff
I didn't go to church last night.  I wasn't raised with an Ash Wednesday tradition, so it wasn't a big deal to me.  I got my oil changed and tires rotated, went to Costco and went to Target.  I made a deposit at the bank.  I was very happy with my self-discipline -- I didn't put any charges on my credit cards last night.  I paid cash for everything.  I am working on keeping my monthly credit card balances down or zero and paying off the remaining card with a balance.  I can do this.  I have plan for the next year that will leave me in very good shape financially after I can carry it out.  ;-)  Confidence.  It is a good thing!  I have a similar "fitness" plan for my big ol' bear body.  I will reduce it as well.  Finally.

I will probably read after work tonight, then go to choir practice.  Not sure I will drive home.  I will figure that out later.

I have a couple of Groupons that I need to use up.  I will check those out as well this weekend.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment