Friday, February 17, 2012

I don't know nothin'

Our Daily Bread
The emphasis of today's devotional is about learning how to be an example of God's love to your children.  My first thought was a silly quote from Gone with the Wind "I don't know nothin' bout birthin' no babies!"  ;-p

I then thought about how the scripture passage in Deuteronomy applied to me.  One of my favorite verses, a "KISS" principle verse for me and my friends, is Deut. 6:5.  Even when you don't understand much of the Bible, so this one thing first!  It is the key to the rest of your life!

The other thing I thought about was how we should know God's love so we can show it to all people, not just children!  Being an example to each other of how God loves is a perfect way to be a friend or significant other. Wow!  I learned about that the last few years, but sort of forgot about it.  ;-/

Lord, help us know your love so we can share it with each other!

Foodie Friday
Here is the recipe for Bran Cereal muffins that are great for breakfast.  Very healthy...



Six Week Bran Cereal Muffins

Author: Rebecca Lindamood
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 20 mins Total time: 30 mins Serves: 32
Muffin batter that throws together in minutes and is usable for six weeks?!? You bet! Have fresh muffins whenever the urge strikes when you have this on hand!

Ingredients
5 1/3 cups all-natural bran cereal (I recommend Nature’s Path Organic Smart Bran)
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup wheat germ
2 1/4 cups raw sugar (can substitute white granulated sugar if necessary)
5 teaspoons baking soda
1 pinch salt
4 cups buttermilk (You’re culturing your own right? No? Try this dead-simple method.)
1 cup neutral oil (like canola or vegetable oil)
4 large eggs, beaten
Optional additional ingredients for baking:
frozen berries, small pieces of frozen stone fruits such as peaches or plums, or small diced apples or pears
chocolate chips
raw sugar for the muffin tops (You can use granulated white sugar if necessary.)

Instructions
To prepare muffin mix:
In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir just until evenly moist. Scrape the muffin mix into a large container (of about 1 gallon capacity or larger) with a tight fitting lid. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours before using. Label the container with the date the batter was mixed. You can store and use the batter for up to 6 weeks.
To bake Plain Bran Muffins:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tins with paper sleeves or spray the muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Fill the prepared muffin wells 2/3 full. If desired, sprinkle lightly with raw sugar.
Bake for 15-20 minutes for standard sized muffins or 10-12 minutes for mini-muffins. Muffins are done when a straw, skewer or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow muffins to rest in the tins for 5 minutes then gently turn out onto a cooling rack.
To bake Bran and Fruit Muffins or Chocolate Chip Bran Muffins:
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line muffin tins with paper sleeves or spray the muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
Scoop the desired amount of muffin batter into a bowl and gently fold in your chosen fruit or chocolate chips.
Fill the prepared muffin wells 2/3 full. If desired, sprinkle lightly with raw sugar.
Bake for 15-20 minutes for standard sized muffins or 10-12 minutes for mini-muffins. Muffins are done when a straw, skewer or toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. There may be some fruit juice on the skewer, but there shouldn’t be any sticky batter.
Allow muffins to rest in the tins for 5 minutes then gently turn out onto a cooling rack.



Other Stuff
I wasn't feeling well last night.  I skipped my workout and choir practice to rest.  Whew!  I feel better today, though I need to rest this weekend.

My used Bowflex machine was delivered yesterday.  Woohooo!  I will workout with it this weekend.  Very cool.

My walking buddy's husband came home from the hospital last night.  His emergency gall bladder surgery went very well.  He is recovering nicely.  I am going to their house for supper tomorrow night.a

I am supposed to meet Yin for supper tonight.  We haven't talked much for a while due to our busy schedules.  We will catch up.

I found an Oreck vacuum cleaner in the garbage the other day.  My buddy fixed it up for $20.  I got some bags for it off Amazon.com.  I am not sure if I will use it or sell it.

The friendship that I ended last week had a turn this week.  The person needed my helped for something and reached out to a mutual friend. It is funny how he didn't seem to care until he needed my help for something.  Nice.  I know I made the right decision here, though I would visit the man in the hospital or listen to him if he needed to talk.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment