Monday, March 18, 2013

Be all you can be

Our Daily Bread
I used to pay a lot of attention to advertising after working for the IT department of a large advertising agency.  I liked a campaign for the Army with the tagline "Be all you can be".  Isn't that a great call out to young men and women with hopes and dreams!

God has a similar call to us.  Be all you can be in the Lord! God does not expect us to do everything.  He expects us to do the things he commands us to do each day to the best of our abilities.  We are not in competition with others.  We are serving God.  As we read over and over in the Bible, God takes ordinary; people like us and makes their lives extraordinary!  As I call it, my "no ordinary life"!  God gives us the strength and motivation if we rely on Him!

Lord, please help us do our part in your master plan!

Movie Monday
I saw The Great and Powerful Oz last week.  I had my doubts about whether I wanted to see it or not after several friends panned it.  Several other friends thought it was OK.  The plot is how the character known as Oz got to Oz and how he came to be the Wizard.  The story line was OK.  There were some good parts and some odd parts.  Overall, I liked it.  It was worth seeing for the special effects if nothing else.  If you are a die-hard Wizard of Oz, Fred Baum fan, you will recognize the material from his books.

I give this two stars for the special effects and decent story.  See it on the big screen.

*****************************
We too can know this God and be assured of His presence. He has revealed Himself in His creation and in His Word. As we ask Him to make Himself known to us, we’ll learn that He is even more than the owner and creator of everything! - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment