Monday, March 25, 2013

Holy Week - Day 2

Our Daily Bread
I am always amazed by the way God works!  As I drove in to work today, God brought the lyrics of two songs to my conscious -- He will carry you and Carry you.  Somehow, I knew that the devotional this morning was going to be about turning over the heavy burdens of life over to God!  The devotional is called "Too Heavy".  Isn't our God amazing!

Each of us have our burdens to bear.  We all have times when, no matter how God has blessed us, we feel we can't bear our burdens without buckling under the pressure.  It is during these times that God gently reminds us that we don't have to bear our burdens alone -- he is there to give us strength, guidance and comfort.  We do our part by continuing to serve Him with gladness as we live our lives. 

God will carry you, my friends.  I can testify.  I know I need him to carry me this week as my burdens seem too much for me to bear alone. 

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for carrying us when we feel like we can't take another step on our own.

Movie Monday
I saw the movie The Croods on Friday.  It is a cartoon movie about a caveman family that gets displaced from their cave by the changing of the Earth.  There are actually several layers to this seemingly simple movie -- family dynamics, teenage girl scenarios, first boyfriend scenario, drastic change to the status quo, and survival.  The teenage girl's first boyfriend leads the family from the crumbling mountains around them to safety.  Like I said, there are a lot of layers.  I laughed a lot, cried a little (I am a tender-hearted old bear) and enjoyed what I watched.

I give this two bear paws out of four.  No driving need to see it at the theater.  Waiting for downloading or streaming is fine.

****************************************
"Lay down your burdens.  He will carry you.  He will carry you, my child, my child" - From Carry You by Amy Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment