Friday, March 15, 2013

Our Father's Eyes

Our Daily Bread
I have been listening to "contemporary Christian music" for a long time now.  I remember some of my favorites from my college days, including Amy Grant's Father's Eyes.  It always reminded me to look at situations and especially people through God's eyes instead of my own jaded vision!

Have you ever had situations where you looked at things the wrong way?  l know I have.  I have judged a person by just looking at his clothes or cleanliness.  I assumed things about someone because of what church they attended or the political party they support.  It is often difficult to differentiate between acknowledging differences and pigeon-holing people in stereotypes.  I know how I feel when someone does that to me (Oh, you are gay.  Do you like to dress up in womens' clothes?  NOT!).  Let's all make an effort to do a better job of looking at others through the eyes of Jesus, who was our example.

Lord, thank you for enabling us to look at others through your eyes -- if we will just look past ourselves.

Foodie Friday
A friend posted a recipe like this on Facebook this week.  I will try it soon.  It is a taco pie.  I will probably substitute ground turkey for the ground beef.  i am not sure I will use the refried beans, Doritos or guacamole the recipe calls for either.  ;-p

Taco Pie in pie crust

Ingredients
1 refrigerated pie crust
1 lb ground beef
1 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
1 (7 ounce) cans diced green chilies
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 (1 1/4 ounce) packets taco seasoning
1 (13 ounce) bags Doritos

Topping
2 cups guacamole
1 (16 ounce) jars salsa
1 cup sour cream
1 (2 1/4 ounce) cans black olives
1 large tomato, chopped
1 cup lettuce, shredded

Directions

  1. Brown meat > drain fat and season.
  2. Unroll crust, put into 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
  3. Bake crust for about 10 minutes until just starting to bubble.
  4. Spread beans on pie crust.
  5. Layer half of meat, chilis and cheese.
  6. Layer other half of meat, chilis and cheese.
  7. Top with crumbled corn chips.
  8. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 25-30 minutes.
  9. Serve with guacamole, olives, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa and sour cream.



*********************************
Trusting God’s faithfulness dispels our fearfulness. - Our Daily Bread web site

No comments:

Post a Comment