Thursday, March 7, 2013

Inside looking out

Our Daily Bread
How many different metaphors have you seen for the saying "the grass always appears greener on the other side"?  A picture of two horses looking over a fence.  A little boy longing to run through the grass on the other side of the fence.  A adult looking at a new job posting that has to be better than the job she currently has!  ha!

While it can be normal human nature to look for greener pastures, it is also a major distraction.  We can look for things that may not really be better!  So often we associate "different" with "better" without thinking through the implications to our lives.  An example is a job posting I looked at recently.  It required 60% travel.  I thought to myself "I love to travel.  That would be cool".  THEN, the Holy Spirit reminded me of the things that I would not be able to do in Columbus during the week if I was traveling for work!  Church activities, singing groups, tennis, etc.  My activities would be limited if I was out of town that much.

The grass isn't always greener.  It just looks that way because we don't really appreciate what we have!

Lord, thank you for the beautiful green grass where you put us.  Please help us always appreciate it and never let other things distract us from serving you!

Technology Thursday
The tech world is really, really boring right now.  I managed to find something interesting for today's entry.  It is called the MindWave Mobile: MyndPlay Bundle.  It is a wireless headset that interacts with your iPhone or Android to pass your brain wave activity to your device.  You can also use the wired version with your home computer.
MindWave Mobile: MyndPlay Bundle
Why use something like this?  I ran across in conjunction with an iPhone app for managing your mind during meditation.  Ever have difficulty staying focused during meditation?  This headset along with the app help you focus.  I am not sure how it works, but it sounds very cool!

Here is the web site.  Check it out.  At $129, it is relatively inexpensive compared with many of the geeky things I like to play with!

****************************
Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” John 11:40

No comments:

Post a Comment