Saturday, March 16, 2013

Some day you will understand

Our Daily Bread
I was not a rebellious child or teenager, but I have always been a handful to handle for friends and family.  OK, enough "AMEN!"s from the peanut gallery!  I remember one time my grandmother told me "Some day you will understand".  She was right.  I am 53 now and I think I finally understood some things this week!  ha!

When we look at the story of David and Bathsheba, we can see how God works.  The same God that gives us freedom of choice also lets us make bad decisions.  We may not pay the consequences of those bad decisions immediately, but we act like that little child that accidentally broke his grandmother's favorite dish "Oh, boy, am I in trouble when God finds out".  Here's a little clue: HE KNOWS!  ha!  Talk to him about it. Ask for forgiveness.  Ask for mercy when facing the consequences for your sin.  I know I do.

Lord, you work in mysterious ways.  Help us to trust and obey.  Some day we will understand.

Simply Saturday
Someday
Once again, it never amazes me how God leads me in writing this blog.  I thought of this topic while getting dressed this morning, then I read the devotional.  Praise God!

As we grow in the Lord and find and develop our spiritual gifts and our talents, we make human mistakes at times.  I know you are shocked to hear that I actually make mistakes!  ha!  I thought I was wrong once, but was mistaken!  hahaha!  But I digress...  We make mistakes in exercising our newly developed spiritual muscles.  We do a lot of things right.  It is part of learning and growing and leaning on the Lord for leadership.

I made some mistakes in the way I said some things last year while developing a more loving way of saying my prophetic words from God.  I have been an outspoken person since high school.  I say the things that most people won't say because it is important for folks to hear.  I think that is the main reason that God made me the way he did -- I will speak out.  I am paying the consequences for my mistakes.  I pray for God's mercy and for mercy from the person I offended.

Last week, I had another profound experience with speaking out.  I did better.  Not perfect, but better.  Because I followed the leadership of the Holy Spirit, other folks followed that leadership as well.  Some very good things happened.  Praise God!  I even had a prophetic dream that God showed me to calm me down because I was scared of how things would work out!  I came home after it all unfolded and told my roommate about what happened.  We laughed and cried and praised God together!

I write these things not to put myself down or to lift myself up.  I write these things to encourage you to carry on.  Find God's leadership in your life.  Determine your gifts and talents.  Develop them like an elite athlete trains for the Olympics.  The fruits of our labors are far more precious than any gold medal.

Some day, you will understand...

*************************

Then Jesus said, “Did I not tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?” John 11:40

No comments:

Post a Comment