Monday, March 11, 2013

May I have a volunteer?

Our Daily Bread
I think we all have seen a movie or cartoon where the leader asks for a volunteer to step forward for a difficult mission.  One poor sucker get stuck with the task because everyone else stepped back one step!

No matter how we get into a difficult situation, there is always one attitude that we should have -- thankfulness!  What?  What you talking bout, Willis???  Are you crazy?  Why?  We should be thankful because the God of the Universe counts us worthy to be tried and tested and purified for his glory!  Wow!  I know it is hard to think of this and even harder to be thankful, but God gives us strength if we call upon his name.  The God of the Universe cares and will help us through.  Praise God!

Lord, please help us to count it all joy when you allow us to be tested because we know all things work to the good of those who love you!

Movie Monday
I saw the last of the Best Picture nominees last week - Amour.  It is in French with English subtitles.  The plot is about a couple that has been married a long time.  The woman has a series of strokes.  The husband does most of the caregiving afterwards.  The depicts the struggles they both have with the health situation and the caregiving.  I kept wondering why this movie was nominated. There were some things at the end that reminded me the movies that formerly were nominated -- you know the ones that no one went to see because only the critics loved them?

I have no idea how to fairly rate this movie because I didn't like it at all.  I guess I give it one bear paw for that reason.  I am not sure who would like this movie except the critics.  Oh well.  I just don't get things some times (like Life of Pi).

********************************

We are far from perfect, but despite our mistakes and our sins, we will never abandon the Lord and he will never abandon us - adapted from a statement about Abraham from the EfM Training Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment