Monday, March 4, 2013

Men at Work

Our Daily Bread
"It always feels like, somebody's watching me..." started the chorus to a pop song in the 80's by a group called Men at Work.  The funniest thing about the video was the lead singer's eyes.  Look it up on Youtube and you will see what I mean!

The devotional is about being watched, but not in a creepy, paranoid kind of way.  It is the reality of other people watching those who profess to be followers of Christ.  Please know that the standards are higher for us.  People expect more.  Know what the biggest complaint about churches is?  All the hypocrites!  I explained to an acquaintance on Facebook the other day "Folks that go to church aren't perfect, but they are trying to be better by going to church!".

I had an experience the other day downtown.  I was in a hurry to get somewhere and I was sort of rude to someone trying to get me to sign a petition.  When I got to my location, I realized I left my phone at Startbucks.  I retrieved my phone and had to pass by the same guy again.  This time I stopped, took a few minutes to apologize and listen.  I already supported the cause he was supporting.  I got a second chance.  We don't usually get that!

Lord, help us to be aware that our lives are on display.  Please help us realize "someone's watch-ing meeeeee..."!

Movie Monday
I got to watch the Die Hard movie last week -- A Good Day to Die Hard  What to say?  I can say that it met my expectations.  I was looking for cool action hero and lots of boom boom.  Was it realistic?  Was it an Oscar winner in any category?  It was a Die Hard movie, not Lord of the Rings!

This time McClean travels to Russia to find and help is grown son.  The elder McClean doesn't realize that his son is a CIA agent on a top secret mission.  Of course, he blows up half of Moscow before he finds this out!  Unlike some other actors, Bruce Willis seems to know his limitations.  Even the tender father moment was well within his acting skills!

I give this movie two bear paws.  If you liked the first few Die Hard movies, you will probably like this one.

****************************

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit - Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment