Friday, March 1, 2013

I believe

Our Daily Bread
Simple child-like faith can be moving, especially when the adults catch on!  I know this is a silly example, but here it goes.  In the Robin Williams version of Hook (the Peter Pan story), Williams finds out he is really Peter Pan.  There is one problem.  He can't fly because he can't find his happy thought.  He tries and tries to no avail.  One by one, the lost boys say to him "I believe in you, Peter Pan".  He finally believes in himself, remembers his happy thought and flies again!  Oh, the power of faith!

Like I said, I know that is a silly example.  I mean the Bible doesn't say anything about us flying if we have faith.  We can only do simple things like moving mountains!  ha!  Please look at the tag line for today.  I am going to use the quote from William Carey regularly.  I also loved the scripture passage quote.  Take a look at this:
“who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong” (Hebrews 11:33-34)

Wow!  Don't we have an amazing God?!?  My favorite parts are "obtained promises" and "out of weakness were made strong".  God is faithful if we believe!  I believe in you, God!  I believe!

Lord, oh for the faith of a mustard seed.  Please let faith grow so we can show the glory of God!

Foodie Friday
I had a nice treat Sunday night.  I had the Bucket Hot Brown at the Rusty Bucket restaurant.  It is the Sunday night special.  Frankly, it was so good, I would eat it every Sunday if I had the chance!  The Hot Brown was created at The Brown Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky.  It niciknamed the Kentucky Hot Brown.  It is lots of sliced turkey on top of Texas toast, topped with tomato, a thick Parmesan Alfredo-type sauce and two slices of bacon.  The Rusty Bucket version was as good as I have had.  Great job!

We have our church dinner tomorrow night.  Wearing green and fewer desserts than normal are the orders of the month (Lenten season and St Patricks Day).  I think I am taking either my Italian scalloped potatoes or the panko veggie casserole recipe.  Should be a good time.

I might be hosting my tennis team for a small social after our match on Sunday night.  The match is at a club about a mile from my house.  I will find out tomorrow what the story is.  I will just have wings or pizza or something easy like that.

******************************

Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God - William Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment