Monday, July 30, 2012

Good news or Bad news?

Our Daily Bread
I have a special aunt that was born and raised in England.  I haven't spent  much time with her because she and my uncle have traveled a lot in their lives with the military.  One trip from England to the US, she missed her flight.  Bad news!  Or was it?  Apparently, it was a plane that terrorists attacked and blew it up!  What are the chances?  So the bad news turned into a blessing! Good news!

I got two things out of the devotional.  First, we should thank God for the difficulties in our lives.  Be thankful for everything that comes out way.  No, it is not easy.  Yes, the difficulties make us what we are or what we can be -- undaunted children of God.  Always having faith no matter what.  Always praising God in every circumstance.  Before I go any further, let me say this is my goal.  I am not there yet!  I let myself be tortured by my sins and difficulties way too much.  I trust God knows that I am doing the best I can to work towards this goal!

Second, we shouldn't let the difficulties stop us from sharing our faith.  I have learned that my difficulties have lead me to a deeper level of understanding of myself and others.  While I can be brash and outrageous with my words and deeds at times, I have a heart that loves and wants the best for people.

How about you?  What difficulty are you facing?  How are you facing it -- alone or with our God at your side?

Lord, thank you for the difficulties in life.  I praise you that I am worthy to suffer for your name.  Please help me avoid suffering because of my stupid blunders!

Movie Monday
The Amazing Spider Man
I finally saw The Amazing Spider Man movie yesterday afternoon.  Several friends saw it and like it a lot.  I hadn't made it a priority because I really didn't think we needed another Spider Man movie series.  It was OK.  The parts that were good were very good.  The other parts were, frankly, boring to me.  The movie was over two hours long.  It takes a lot to keep my attention for that long.  This movie did not.  I kept want to say "Yes, I get it.  You are tortured, Peter Parker.  I get it!".  I couldn't relate to him at all, which didn't help.

Things I liked:  the cast, the special effects in general, some parts of the story line were very cool.
Things I didn't like:  I get it, Peter Parker, you are tortured.  Tortured indeed.  Too long

I give this movie two bear paws.  See it on the big screen while you can.  If not, you won't be missing that much if you don't.

************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment