Friday, July 6, 2012

Stop and smell the roses

Our Daily Bread
Many years ago a minister preached a sermon about stopping to smell the roses. I think it was on some holiday like Mothers Day or Fathers Day so those folks would spend more time with family. He likened their families to gardens that required tending. Interesting concept!

The devotional today is about stopping some of the activities in our busy lives so we can focus on our relationship with God. Calm ourselves. Focus ourselves. In the Bible study classes I took the past two years, I was always amazed about how much time Jesus took to "recharge". He was always surrounded by folks who wanted something from him!

So what is your life like? Too busy for the really important things in your life? ;-p

Lord, please help us slow down so we can focus and recharege -- in your love and mercy!

Foodie Friday
Didn't find any recipes this week. I will talk about two restaurants I ate at.

Pappadeu
This is a Canjun seafood restaurant. I had the friend shrimp, cheese grits with Andouille sausage and mushroom risotto. I had the creme brulee for dessert. It was a wonderful meal with lots of leftovers. The grits and risotto were wonderful warmend up! I highly recommend the place!

Gil's
Gil's is famous fo rtheir fried chicken. I can see why. It was great! My favorite part was the steak tenders. They were like chicken friend steak served with white gravey. Very tasty! The mac and cheese was OK. The corn on the cob was wonderful. Very fresh!

*******************************************
Let go, my friends! God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment