Friday, July 13, 2012

Lessons from nature

Our Daily Bread
As someone who spent most family vacations either visiting family in a very rural area or at a camp ground somewhere, I spent a lot of time with nature when I was younger.  It always fascinated me how God made all of this stuff with just a few words!  How mighty and great is our God!

The devotional today talks about how we can learn from nature.  The example is from Proverbs 6:6-11.  Solomon advised folks to look at ants for their example of being good, responsible workers.  The ant works unsupervised.  The ant carries more than its weight.  The ant will go as far as it takes to get the job done!  How many of us are like that?

There are many other metaphors for nature and our lives in Christ.  Can you think of any?

Lord, please help us learn from nature as we continue to grow in you love and mercy!

Foodie Friday
I am not sure of exactly what I am going to make for my dinner group on Sunday.  I promised I would make some homemade hummus, but I am not sure what flavor.  My favorite is a lemon garlic hummus served with some plain pita chips.  I am not sure I want to mess with that recipe!  hehehe  I must remember to add the sea salt and pepper this time.  I almost forgot the last time I made it.

I have some of my sister's canned salsa in the fridge.  I hate to say it, but this batch is not as good as previous years.  I thought I might spice it up some and/or put it in the food processor to make it more "dippable".  I will partner that with some multigrain tortilla chips.  MmmMmmmm!

I probably don't say this enough.  Don't be afraid t step outside your comfort zone when cooking or trying new things.  I wish I would have done more that earlier in my life.  My motto used to be "I eat what I like and I eat a lot of it!".  hehehe  I am a little more open now!  ha!

************************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment