Thursday, July 19, 2012

Inside out

Our Daily Bread
I remember learning to bake and my sisters learning to bake.  We worked so hard to produce a cake that looked good and tasted good.  Most of the time the "looking good" part didn't happen!  It tasted great though!

Like the cakes, people can be different on the inside than they look on the outside.  Often they are the opposite of the cake -- look good on the outside, but rotten on the inside!  Yikes!  I try not to judge.  I know we all have our "less than perfect" aspects of our lives that we try to hide from other people.  That is human nature.  We need to remember that we can never hide them from God.  Instead of wasting energy trying to hide them from God, we need to spend our energy giving those things over to God!

Lord, please help us

Technology Thursday
There were a couple of interesting things this week in the technology world.

Google Nexus tablet ships
I received an email that my Google Nexus tablet should ship this week or next.  We will see how that goes!  I may be surprised any day!  I will write it about soon after I receive it.

AT&T offers shared data plans
AT&T followed the lead of Verizon to offer new shared data plans.  Like Verizon, they hope to offer plans that will encourage more folks to activate additional devices.  It is better to have more devices at a cheaper rate than no devices at all!  Folks like me have balked at activating an iPad and incurring another data plan charge.  Under the new plan, I can activate my iPad cheaper than the current separate plans.  We will see how this works out.

Interesting lawsuits
Many large tech firms are mired in patent lawsuits.  It is bizarre to me.  Apparently, one judge ruled against Apple.  Apple has to run ads stating that Samsung did not copy the iPad.  Wow.  Interesting stuff.

*******************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment