Monday, July 9, 2012

Who am I?

Our Daily Bread
I have a little problem with pride sometimes.  Not too bad, but I have trouble at times giving credit where credit is due.  When friends or relatives talk about how lucky I am to have all the things I have and do all the things I do, I have a tendency to take credit because of all my hard work and all the obstacles I overcame along the way.  It is just human nature!

Today's devotional reminded me to thank God for the strength to work hard and the courage to overcome the things I have overcome.  It is not by my strength alone that these things happened.  I was also reminded of this song, In Christ Alone by Brian Littrell:

In Christ alone will I glory
Though I could pride myself in battles won
For I've been blessed beyond measure
And by His strength alone I'll overcome
Oh, I could stop and count successes like diamonds in my hands
But those trophies could not equal to the grace by which I stand


In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone


In Christ alone do I glory
For only by His grace I am redeemed
For only His tender mercy
Could reach beyond my weakness to my need
And now I seek no greater honor in just to know Him more
And to count my gains but losses to the glory of my Lord


In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ alone


How about you?

Lord, who am I that you have brought me so far?  Please help me be your humble servant.

Movie Monday
I did not get a chance to see a movie last week.  I was very busy on my vacation.  I am looking forward to the following movies that came out recently or are coming out soon:

Madea: House Arrest:  some friends saw this and really enjoyed it.  Stay for the out takes in the ending credits.

SpiderMan: New actor and more details in the story line.  See what you think.

Batman: I am really looking forward to this one.  I love the Batman movies!

****************************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms...


No comments:

Post a Comment