Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Total Recall

Our Daily Bread
The Arnold movie Total Recall was remade this year.  It will be released on August 3 with Colin Farrell as the lead actor.  I am not sure if I am going to see it since I really liked the original.

The devotional is about another total recall and something being remade.  After mankind sinned in the Garden of Eden, God issued a total recall of the human race due to sin.  Man was now mortal and would live a live apart from God.  God recalled his creation not for a "fix" that was a manufacturer error, but to be remade!  Remade in his image through the power of his Son's sacrifice on the cross and his resurrection.  Amazing!

Like automobile recalls, not everyone has taken advantage of this free offer.  A chance at a new life in Him.  Wow!  Won't you consider being remade today?

Lord, I want you and need you in my life.  Please remake me into your beautiful creation.

Teaching Tuesday
We are secret number eleven this week of the 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People:
Friendship beats money.


I think almost everyone would say DOH!  Of course it does!  There will always be those that say if you have lots of money, you will have lots of friends too!  DOH!  Seriously, the book says that 70% of folks credit having lots of friends, quality friendships and close family ties as part of a happy life!

I want to make one thing clear.  I know some folks that think Facebook friends or online friends that they have never met are suuuccchhhh close friends.  While there are some rare exceptions, these are not real friends.  Do not be fooled.  If most or all of your friends are online friends, you may have some serious issues!  Not judging.  Just trying to have a little intervention here...

***************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment