Friday, July 20, 2012

Wonder man

Our Daily Bread
Wonder Woman amazed folks, both in comic books and on the TV series, with her strength, beauty and tight costume.  She could do so many things well that it was truly a wonder!  The devotional talks about an eternal wonder -- our God!

I guess if I were a comic book character my name would be "Blunder Man".  There is no simple task that I couldn't blunder!  Nothing too easy.  Nothing too simple.  hehehe  God and some of my friends know that I blundered a lot this summer.  The devotional was so comforting to me with this simple statement:

God can change our blunders into wonders.

Can he really?  I sure need that!  No, I am serious, I need that!  God knows about our blunders.  He also knows our human hearts and minds.  Like Peter, we don't always react the way we should.  We don't say or do the right things.  Why do I click the "Send" button sometimes in an email?  Why do I press the Enter key on my keyboard after writing a comment on Facebook.  Why, why, why?  ha!  We are just human.  We do the best we can.  That is all we can do -- keep trying our best.  It is amazing to know that God can and will turn our blunders into wonders.  What an awesome God!

Lord, please help me make things easier for you by reducing my number of blunders!

Foodie Friday
This is a simple version of the lemon garlic hummus I made for my dinner group last Sunday.  I substituted some things.  This recipe doesn't require tahini, which can be expensive for an ingredient you don't use very often.  I used a 69 cent bag of sesame seeds and processed them down to get that same flavor!  I served this with whole wheat pita chips and blue corn tortilla chips.

Lemon Garlic Hummus (recipe)

Ingredients
3/4 cup virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cups garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
Pita bread, cut into wedges (or other serving ideas of your choice)

Directions
In a food processor, combine the oil, lemon juice, beans, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Serve with pita wedges, etc.

Note:  I processed 1/2 pack of sesame seeds with the garlic and olive oil before adding the other ingredients.

********************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment