Saturday, July 28, 2012

Something a man can't do...

Our Daily Bread
I have been blessed in many ways.  I am thankful for that.  As my friends and I tease, "I can do stuff".  Our other joke is the only two things I can't do are:

  1. ice skate
  2. keep my mouth shut

Yes, that is me.  Never been much for the ice!  ha!

The devotional this morning reminded me of something that man can't do -- make something out of nothing!  Every time a human comes up with an invention or creation, there are ingredients or stuff s/he has to combine to get the end result.

It is amazing to me (and I believe this with all my heart) that our awesome God created our universe (and maybe many others) from nothing.  He didn't have a periodic table of elements to combine together (he created the table!).  At the uttering of his words, all of this came into existence!

Even more amazing than that to me is that this same God wants to have a personal relationship with each of us today and for eternity.  What do you say?  Isn't it nice to have friends in high places?  ;-p

Lord of creation, thank you for creating all the stuff around us.  Let us worship you and praise you!

Simply Saturday
Comfort Zone
If you are a Facebook friend, you might have seen my brief post about attending a NASCAR race today in Indianapolis.  I have always wanted to go to the Speedway, so this will be a cool opportunity to check that off my bucket list.  It also helps that the company I work for is one of the sponsors of the race, so that will be cool as well (a little VIP treatment).  I am looking forward to it.

When friends asked me if I am a NASCAR fan, I said "well, I think some of the drivers are cute.  Does that count?"  ha!  I have liked race cars since I was a child.  My mother reminded me of the races they took me too when I was little.  I will spare you the embarrassing story there!  hehehe  I haven't kept up with that love as an adult, so I am going out of my comfort zone a little here.

That brings me to the topic for today -- comfort zone.  We all find ourselves stuck in our comfort zones at times.  We are hesitant to move because we aren't challenged or bothered or, well, uncomfortable!  To be frank, the zones may be healthy or they may be unhealthy.  When we are in the "zone", I feel it is a little more difficult to step out for God when he calls us.  We can ask God "Why should I leave this zone for the uncertain?".  God tells us to leave the zone so we can move forward with our lives.  So we can move closer to him.  So we can have a life that is not ordinary!

Are you in a comfort zone that God wants you to leave?  I know I am.  There are a couple of them.  I am sticking my big toe in the uncertain waters outside the zones.  God allows us the comfort zones so we can adjust to our growth like a cocoon.  We need to leave the cocoon when God instructs.  He will lead us.  He will be with us.  What does it matter where the road leads as long as God is with us?

Make it so.

********************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment