Saturday, July 7, 2012

Our life GPS

Our Daily Bread
It always amazes me how God leads and how we can follow or not follow. The devotional today is a perfect example. I had an idea for the Simply Saturday entry for today, then read the devotional. It was about the same topic! How amazing is our God to lead both the devotional writer and me to write about this topic.

I don't always understand the cultural aspects of the Old Testament. I understand this much -- the blessing of the patriarch is very important. It sometimes shaped the life of a young man. The blessing of the patriarch Israel upon Ephraim in today's devotional was beautiful. We can all take it to heart! It shows how God can be the most crucial component, and should be, if we just let him!

Lord, please help us to trust your guidance. Thank you for always leading us in the right direction!
/br> Simply Saturday
I had a great week on vacation! I told my best friend yesterday that I want to write about our GPS experience this week. I had no idea that God lead the Our Daily Bread folks to post a devotional about trusting God for direction in our lives! Wow!

So the funny part... We programmed in the destination in the MapQuest iPhone app. We used it because it because it talks us through the directions. The funny part is what happened when we took a wrong turn -- the app said, almost in an exasperating voice "Recalculating...". We heard that over and over and over again. Partly because the roads were so close together at times that it couldn't tell exactly where we were. Partcly because we took our own way!

Aren't our lives that way? God leads us. We sometimes following his directions. We sometimes do our own thing. I can just hear God as he watches us veer way off course "Recalculating!". ha! To tie all of this back together with the devotional, we need to trust God for every driection. He will never lose track of us. He will never lead us astray!
//br> ******************************
Let go, my friends! God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment