Monday, July 16, 2012

It's only words....

Our Daily Bread
When I was a teenager, the BeeGees released a song called "It's only words".  The song talks about the importance of words in his relationship with the one he loves.  The devotional today talks about the power of words in our relationship to God and our relationships with others.

Some of the phrases in the BeeGees song sort of echo what I feel in my life at times.  God talks in everlasting words.  I want to give my entire life to him.  I have doubts about the words that God says to me in his Word (don't believe the words he says).  I thought through these words while reading -- God does so much more than just say words.  God shows his love and fulfills his promises through a myriad of ways.  I know I don't understand the way he works.  I don't understand why and how things work out sometimes.  I can trust him that all things work to the good of those that love God!

It is my job to watch my words and to believe his words!

The thought for the day is very meaningful to me:
Our words have the power to build up or tear down.

How will we use our words today?

Lord, please help us use our words to build up and not to tear down.

Movie Monday
So has anyone seen any good movies recently?  I haven't!  That is very unusual for me.  I should have time this week to go to the theater.  The past three weeks have been great, but very busy.  The new Batman movie comes out this week.  That will probably be my top priority.  I will write about whatever movie I see next Monday.

I am working on a fun little project -- a movie-themed basket for a silent auction!  Very cool!  I found several movies for the basket, some movie passes, a movie gift card, and a few other things.  I hope it sells well for charity!

******************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment