Saturday, July 14, 2012

Stuck

Our Daily Bread
I live in Columbus, Ohio where we can have significant snow falls in the winter (though we didn't last year).  It is easy to not pay attention while driving in even a little snow and get stuck.  You spin your wheels and try to get moving again.  Yikes!

The devotional talks about the way God lets us be tested.  When we make a conscious decision to follow Christ or to give more of our lives over to him, he will allow us to be tested even more.  I used to get mad about this, then I realized a few things.  First, testing gives us practice, like studying for a test at school.  Second, we must pay attention or we will get stuck in the old ways!  Third, God loves us enough to pay attention to us!  Wow!

Are you stuck today?  How?  Where?  Who?  What?  Pray about those questions today.

Lord, please help us to pay attention and move forward in our lives in you!

Simply Saturday
As usual, the devotional falls right in line with the stuff I wanted to write about today!  This will be short.  I have a busy day and need to get on the road!

I am stuck.  Yes, indeed.  I have been for a few years in a specific part of my life.  God has been trying to help me move through the "stuckness" but I haven't been paying attention.  I have been spinning my wheels, unable to move on down the road.

Yes, I am being a little hard on myself, but not really.  Thank God, I have been able to overcome many, many things in my life.  I will overcome this as well.  It will take discipline (which I suck at).  It will take paying attention that I don't fall into old thinking patterns.  It will take more determination than I have ever mustered before since this situation is so bizarre for me.

This too shall pass.  I write about these personal things because I know everyone goes through them.  I want to encourage you to pay attention and move on with your life.  Pay attention.  Move on.  You can do this.  WE can do this.  Praise God!

***************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment