Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mentor or mentee

Our Daily Bread
My grandmother and grandfather (my mother's parents) were my heroes growing up.  I was very close to both of them, spending time with them whenever I could.  They had to spread their time around to all of the seventeen grandchildren!  They taught me so much about life and about my relationship with God.

The devotional talks about that -- learning from those older than us.  When I first read the devotional, I thought "how nice...".  I then realized that I have a two roles now -- mentee and mentor.  Yes, I need to be the older person and mentor those younger than me.  Yikes!  Double Yikes!  I am too young for this!  I remembered how my grandparents were my age when I was a young teen.  My how time flies!

What are you supposed to do?  Mentee?  Mentor?  Both?  Ask God today.

Lord, thank you for giving me the gift of years on this earth.  Please help me use them to guide others to you!

Teaching Tuesday
We are on secret number 10 in the 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People.

Secret Ten:
Limit yourself to thinking about one subject as you lie down to sleep.

According to the book, thinking about too many things when you lay down to sleep can affect the quality of your sleep.  Poor sleep quality can affect your happiness!  Who knew?

I have been working on getting more sleep.  I went for several months where I went to bed late (because my sort of boyfriend lived in Central time zone) and got up about 5:00 am to exercise.  Whew.  I was exhausted by Thursday night of each week.  I feel better when I sleep a little more.  I will see how it works out this Fall when I am much busier!

How is your sleep?  Not just quantity, but quality?  Folks with good sleep habits are usually happier!

*******************************************************
Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment