Thursday, March 1, 2012

Can I trust you?

Our Daily Bread
It never, ever ceases to amaze me that the devotional speaks directly to this old bear almost every day!  I was texting a friend about the topic of trust minutes before I read the devotional!

So what is "trust" and how do we develop it with someone?  The dictionary defines trust as "Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something".  From my experience, we develop trust in many ways including sight, sound, feelings, history and our "baggage".  Some people can't trust at all after being "burned" many times.  Some people trust a new friend explicitly right from the start.  We use all the inputs about a person to determine if we can trust them.

I liked the point of the devotional -- trusting God to help us discern who we can trust.  Wow!  We know without a shadow of a doubt that we can trust God, don't we?  Don't we?  hehehe  I can't hear you!  Don't we?  ;-p  Through prayer and Bible study, we can figure out who to trust and how much.

I am determined to be the kind, trusting, loving man that God intends for me to be regardless of how others treat me in return.  That doesn't mean that I have to grab and cuddle with the cactus people that can hurt me.  I can forgive them and love them, but I do not have to hold them close.

Lord, help me to discern who I can really trust with my hopes and dreams and feelings.

Technology Thursday
The iPad3 announcement is March 7!  Woohooo!  I will write about it next Thursday.  My best friend and I were joking that we are so excited and we don't know why!  hehehe  I plan to purchase an iPad3 as soon as I can.  I plan to give my "hand me down" iPad to my best friend, who has wanted one for a while.  We are going to keep it in the family!  Apple might also announce a new Apple TV appliance.  We will see.

I discovered and used a new iPhone app the past few weeks from Chase Bank.  There is a feature in it that I find very, very handy -- depositing checks by taking pictures of the front and back and submitting them through the app!  There are some specific steps you have to do to make it work and for Chase to accept the deposit.  I used this feature twice in the past ten days.  It worked great for me!

Other Stuff
I ran a errand, then took a short nap after work last night.  I had a couple of conversations with mi tigre during the day.  I also read more of my latest book, which is pretty short (119 pages).  I might finish it tonight or tomorrow night.  I have choir practice tonight.  Should be fun.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment