Saturday, March 10, 2012

Children of light

Our Daily Bread
I mentioned on this blog about my joke with my minister about wearing our church t-shirt at different public events.  When I am wearing the t-shirt, thus representing the church, I feel like I have to be nicer to people so they don't think poorly of our church!  Yikes!

I finally realized after that joke that as a child of God, I am wearing God's "t-shirt" every day!  Double yikes!  That means I have to be even nicer than when I am wearing the church t-shirt so I properly represent God!  What a tremendous responsibility!  The coolest part is that God gives us the power through his Holy Spirit to live like we are supposed to -- living as "children of light".

Lord, help us shine your light through our lives!

Simply Saturday
I had an interesting week.  I don't know how to describe it.  I was in a little bit of a funk in that I didn't get some things done that I needed/wanted to get done.  On the flip side, I got a LOT of things done!  Very weird week.

For example, last night I ran errands looking for some stuff for my new eating and exercise habits.  It took a lot longer than what I planned, so I didn't get home until almost 7:00.  I found the grapeseed oil I was looking for at Meijer. It was even on sale!  I found a good deal on two small pieces of exercise equipment at Sears (who knew?).  I also picked up some other groceries while at Meijer for the weekend.

I plan to exercise at home, maybe see a movie and then go to the CMTO tennis social tonight.  I want to play in the league this year as another form of exercise to keep my big butt moving!  hehehe  I played a tennis a lot in my 20's and early 30's.  I miss playing.

I am wondering about my commitment to my diet/life style change.  Yes, I am doing sooooo much more than I ever have.  I am proud of myself for doing that.  I keep telling myself that it is not good enough.  I am not being a perfectionist about this stuff.  I still eat a lot of crap.  I have been eating it for most of my life.  This very healthy eating habit is very hard for me to grasp all the time.  On the bright side, I am not binging as bad as I used to.  The bad days aren't as bad.  The good days are pretty good in general.  I will keep working on it.  I guess I am a little disappointed that I am not losing weight faster than what I am.  I realized this week that I was (and still am) in poor physical condition even though I have been exercising more.  I am and will be toning muscles for a while before stabilizing enough to lose the weight.  I am trimming up, though, as I am losing inches around my waist and torso.  I can almost wear my 38" waist paints again.  Woohooo!  I can also wear most of the shirts in my closet now.  Woohoooo!  I will keep plugging away at it.

I made some quinoa last night.  One batch is for a breakfast dish I will have after my workout this morning.  The other batch is for the quinoa bites I plan to make today or tomorrow.  Should be cool.  Mi tigre also found quinoa at his local store and is eating it.  Very cool.  I also discovered shiratake noodles this week.  I tried them with Carfagnas pasta sauce and turkey Italian sausage.  Very, very tasty!  I will use them in other recipes this week.

Friendships and relationships have been weighing on my mind a lot the past few weeks.  I am trying to release them over to God.  I pretty much suck at this right now.  I will focus harder on this.  ;-p

Lastly, I am enjoying the March Madness again!  I love college basketball.  There were several upsets last night that will make the selection committee show on Sunday very interesting!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment