Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sleepless in Sharon Woods

Our Daily Bread
Well, the title for today's entry has nothing to do with the devotional!  I have been sick all week.  As I started to feel better on Thursday night, my body decided it didn't want to sleep at night any longer.  Whew...  I finally got to sleep between 2 - 3 am night before last.  I am writing this entry at 3:10 am.  Whew...  I slept for about an hour then was wide awake.  Whew...  I read the remaining 24% of The Hunger Games before getting out of bed to write this entry.

But I digress.  The devotional is very moving today.  It reminded me about all the lost children and lost parents there are around the world.  So many have children and act like they don't want them.  So many people want children and can't have them.  It seems so unfair at times.  I am glad I am not a breeder.  It simplifies life a little bit in my mind!

But I digress!  The point of the devotional is that God is there for us regardless if everyone else has pushed aside or ignored us.  He is there even if our family deserts us.  The passage is Psalm 27 is a favorite, using the symbol of "light" for our God.  That symbol repeats over and over in the writings about Jesus!

God, thank you for being my light and my rock!

Simply Saturday
I had a hard week.  I am feeling better, but having trouble sleeping now.  That is unusual for me.  Maybe I will sleep better when I start working out again.  I think I feel strong enough to do that on Saturday.  I did my Bowflex routine on Monday and walked on Tuesday.  I haven't felt strong enough to exercise since.  Just getting through my work day was taxing enough.  I gained a couple of pounds.  I am not going to worry about that.  I will work them off when I feel better.

As I wrote above, I read the book The Hunger Games yesterday.  It was amazing.  I was riveted from the beginning.  I have a ticket to see the movie tonight at the CUB dinner and movie night.  Should be cool.  I also borrowed the second book in the series from the Kindle library tonight.  I will start on that soon.  The third book is also in the lending library.  Woohoooo!

I have to admit that I miss talking to mi tigre.  We shared a lot the past few months.  It is normal to miss someone that you talked to so much even though you didn't get to spend that my time with in person.  I have to remember that all of it wasn't real.  I threw myself in the relationship, like I usually do.  That is the only way I know how to be.  I worked through the process better this time.  I am happy about that.  I still miss the man who made me feel very special and also made me feel like I didn't know him  at all.  It is hard to reconcile the two.  Like I said last week, I am excited about the future.  I know God's promise to me.  I will do my best to trust and follow his leading.  That is the only way I know how to be as well.  ;-)

I had a good time with my church friends last night.  About ten guys showed up for the social at my house.  We talked for a while and then watched a movie.  Good times.  I had a talk with a new friend afterwards.  He is very sweet and engaging.  I am sure we will be big friends.

The top seeds won in the NCAA mens tournament last night.  Ohio University played a great game against North Carolina, taking the top seed into overtime before falling.  Great game!  Xavier also lost, so Ohio State is the only Ohio team to survive the Sweet 16 (we knocked out Cincy).  Go Bucks!  Beat Syracuse!  This region also has Louisville and Kentucky still making some noise as well!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!


No comments:

Post a Comment