Saturday, March 3, 2012

How do you see God?

Our Daily Bread
I had a close friend at home that I admired and adored.  He was so many things to so many people.  I was very sad to learn he passed in 2010 (none of my childhood friends let me know...).  While he was a father, brother, husband, best friend, man of God, coach, mechanic, etc, he was always a father figure to me.  We understood each other.

Some people do the same thing with God.  They acknowledge that God is many, many things, including many things that we can't even comprehend!  The problem is they pick and choose the qualities that they want to see and focus on those, whether good or bad.  A friend recently stated that he couldn't believe that God would punish people for sinning.  HIS God wouldn't do that!  Whether you see God as a security blanket, fire insurance, angry and vengeful, or many other things, do your best to look at the big picture.  Remember the sky could not hold all the things that could be written about God -- even if we use an itty-bitty little font!  hehehe

Lord, help us to know your true nature so we can build our relationship with you!

Simply Saturday
Not sure what to write about this week.  Some of the stuff is very personal.  I don't usually shy away from that, but I don't feel like sharing some things right now.

There is one thing that I know without a shadow of a doubt -- our God is great!  He is there through life's ups and downs.  We can cast all of our cares upon him!  We also get the privilege to serve him!  Wow!

I have doing well with the workouts!  Woohoooo!  I think I am finally settling into a routine.  I will keep this up for sure!  I may also play tennis the summer and do some running.  I have a friend running in a 5k race this fall.  I can do that!  ;-)

I am driving north to visit my family today.  Should be a good day.  I haven't seen them since Christmas.

Not much else to write today.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment