Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sweeter than homey

Our Daily Bread
I forgot that Psalm 119 is the longest book in the Bible!  I used to know all those little tidbits of trivia!  Oh well.

The verses for today's devotional are 97-104.  They talk about how God's Word is sweeter than honey in the psalmist's mouth!  What an amazing visual and play on the senses!  How can something you read be sweeter than honey?

In the little amount of Bible study I have done in my life (I am ashamed to say that I should have done much more study in my 52 years), I can understand a little bit.  Just a little.   There have been times in my life that scripture passages spoke to me in unbelievable ways.  They gave me comfort when I was down, encouragement to keep going when I was on a high, and every day reminders to keep believing in God's promises.  Wow!

Lord, thank you for your Word!  There is no sweetener substitute!

Technology Thursday
I have a few random pieces of technology stuff today.

My new iPad is on its way!  It will be delivered tomorrow!  Woohooo!  I bought the 64 gig ATT 4G LTE version.  I won't activate the ATT service right away.  ATT doesn't have LTE in Columbus yet.  I will probably activate it when I travel to St Louis and Kansas City.

ATT 4G LTE is in Ohio!  I don't really understand how ATT selects cities for its new technology rollouts.  The first two cities in Ohio to get LTE are Cleveland and Akron.  Akron?  Seriously?  What about the capitol city of Columbus?  ;-p  Soon, Duanebear, soon.

Lawsuits are still the game of choice for large technology companies.  I guess the lawyers have to make their money somehow.  I wish they would focus those resources on making better products.

The British company that makes the ARM computer chip had a breakthrough recently.  Their new chip uses much less power and has greater computing capabilities.  Very cool.  It is important because this kind of chip is used and can be used in everything from cell phones to refrigerators!

Other Stuff
I was very tired after work last night.  I rested in Goodale Park for a little while to enjoy the beautiful day.  I also had a nice conversation with mi tigre.  I ran some errands and got to church in time to relax a little more.  I didn't sleep well Tuesday night.  Whew...  D1 class was fine, though I just wasn't into it last night.  Oh well.  I had a long talk with my best friend after class.  We had stuff to catch up on.

I have choir practice tonight.  Not sure if I will come home after work or go to a movie or what.  I will figure that out.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment