Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Catch me...I know you can!

Our Daily Bread
Did you ever race the other kids when you were young?  It may have been running or riding a bike or rowing a boat.  We might say "Catch me if you can!".

I like the comforting thoughts of today's devotional -- God will be there to catch us and take us home when we die.  Most Christians believe this and look forward to it.

I want to take this further.  Look at the last line of my blog entry -- "Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!"  Trusting God for our next life seems easy most of the time.  Trusting God through this life?  Not so much at times!  For my personality, trusting God through the big things, like the end of this life, is OK because it is a one-time deal.  I find the day-to-day discipline of trusting God for every breath is very difficult.  Like the children of Israel from the Old Testament days, I forget my way at times.  I try to make things happen and deal with things on my own.  I pretty much suck at that!

Lord, help me to trust everything over to you -- in this life and the next!

Witness Wednesday
Well, the last two weeks has felt like the last paragraph above.  I feel out of sorts.  Trying to deal with things and handle things on my own.  I know that when I feel this way, I am the one who moved away from God.  He didn't move away from me!  I am not sure what is going on with my exactly.  I will keep praying and trusting and trying to listen to God's voice.

Other Stuff
I had a nice evening with my walking buddy.  We enjoyed finding bargains at Costco and having dinner at Mimis Cafe.  I came home after that and talked to mi tigre for a little while.

I have D1 class tonight.  Should be a nice lesson.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!"

No comments:

Post a Comment