Friday, March 2, 2012

Really?

Our Daily Bread
There are sometimes when I think we can take things too far.  Too far I say!  ;-)  The devotional this morning is correct in its assertion, but it seems a little over the top to me!  Really?  I can't say "I'm good" when someone asks me how I am?

I never really thought about the word "good' in the context of the Bible lesson today.  I am like the millions of folks that say "I'm good" every time someone asks me how I am doing.  I have a joke with mi tigre that about being more grammatically correct and saying "I'm well, thank you".  ;-)  If only God is truly good, then I need to get in that habit all the time!

It will be a difficult habit to break.  Thinking of God as the only one who is truly "good" will not be difficult to remember!

Lord, only you are good and holy and perfect.  

Foodie Friday
I had some quinoa cakes at a party on Sunday night.  They were so good!  I asked for the recipe.  My friend forwarded to me a few days later.  I will make a few changes to it to make it even healthier.  Check out what quinoa is here.  I want to substitute Eggbeaters for the eggs and whole wheat flour for the flour.  Now if I can just find quinoa...


Cheesy Quinoa Bites
Makes ~28 bites
2 cups cooked quinoa
2 large eggs
1 cup shredded carrot
2 stalks green onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbs all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Mix together quinoa, carrot, egg, green onion, garlic, cilantro, cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
3.  Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each).
4.  Bake for 15-20 minutes


Other Stuff
I worked out after my training class yesterday afternoon.  The training room was around the corner from the gym, so I had no excuse!  I walked two miles, adding some short sprints, and worked on pullups.  Whew... I went to Kroger to get a little bite to eat and look for quinoa.  They didn't have it either.  Off to Raising Rack tonight!  I finished my latest book before choir rehearsal.  Choir was fun.  I like the music we do.  I had a conversation or two with mi tigre during the evening and fell into bed.  Whew...

Up at at it early this morning for my workout.  I plan to chillax tonight.  No workout tomorrow as I plan to visit my family up home.  The housekeeper will visit today so I will have a clean house when I get home tonight (not that I keep my house dirty by any means!).

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment