Monday, March 26, 2012

weak = strong What?

Our Daily Bread
I was very good at math in high school.  I could usually work things out and make both sides of the equal sign "equal".  Math has nothing to do with the topic today!  They don't equal out in my simple mind!

Jesus introduces the concepts of "think of things differently when you think of the kingdom of Heaven" during his ministry.  Paul takes it much further in his writings, seeming to contradict himself over and over when he talks about weakness and strength.  Take a look at 2 Corinthians 12:1-10.  Does this make sense if you do a quick read?  Not to me!  Read it again slowly.  This passage is just one of the passages I based the closing of my daily blog entry on.  Don't "hang on".  "Let go".  The same with our conventional wisdom of "be strong".  In the kingdom of God, being weak enables us to rely on the strength that only God can give!  Wow!

Lord, help us to let go.  Help us to realize that we can rely on your strength!

Movie Monday
I saw the movie The Hunger Games on Saturday night.  I didn't know much about the series of three books until recently.  I read the first book on Friday!  It was a very quick read.  I finished the second of three books on Sunday.  Here is what I thought of the movie.

The Hunger Games
I saw the movie the day after I finished the book.  I was impressed with the movie, though I liked the book much better.  They had to change a few things in the movie to fit it into a two hour, twenty-two minute movie.  The time flew by because the story was so engaging.  I thought the actors fit the characters I had assembled in my mind, though it took a few minutes for me to adjust to the actors they selected for Haymitch and Peeta.  I liked them after I saw them in the roles for a while.  I am not sure that kids under 14 should see this movie.  It is a little violent for that age, even though they took out out a lot of the visual stuff from the book.

I give this movie three bear paws.  See it wherever even if you haven't read the book!

Other Stuff
I helped some friends with an open house yesterday afternoon, then went home for a quiet evening.  I made a baked sweet potato and ground turkey/quinoa meatloaf for supper (recipe this Friday) and finished the second Hunger Games book (Catching Fire).  I am debating whether or not to buy the third book or to wait until April 1 when I can borrow it for free from the Amazon Lending library!

I had a couple of phone calls with my best friend.  We planned our vacation flights.  I found a hotel for us.  Very cool.  Dallas, here we come!  I am also looking forward to spending Easter with him and his friends.

I was a little disappointed this weekend.  I found a projector for my basement on the Costco site.  I decided to buy it and found that they were out of it!  Darn it!  It is not meant to be right now.  I can wait for a little while I guess.

Going to work out tonight and take it easy.  Maybe work in the yard some.  The weather has cooled down a lot!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment