Thursday, March 22, 2012

Me, me, me!

Our Daily Bread
Remember when you were a kid and the teacher asked a question that you knew the answer to?  Or, someone wanted to pick someone for a special treat or honor?  We would raise our hand, squirm in our seats, and yell "me, me, me'!  Some of us never grow out of that!  hehehe

A couple of things stood out for me in the devotional.  First, look at James 4:7.  Do we always realize that we have power over the devil if we just ask for it?  Submit ourselves to God.  The devil will flee!  How cool is that?!?  The second point is James 4:10.  Humble yourself before God.  He will lift you up.  There is no need for the me,me,me when we need attention.  God will lift us up!

Yes, I struggle with these things.  To be frank, I can do stuff.  I forget to humble myself.  I forget to let God lift me up in the eyes of others if needed at all.

Lord, thank you for being our strength and shield.  Help us humble ourselves in our service to you.

Technology Thursday  
I like my new iPad!  I received it about 2:20 pm last Friday.  I had to open the box and load it as soon as I got it!  ;-p  Here is what I think so far:

Graphics
The graphics are amazing!  Very smooth and amazing detail.  Books are very, very clear in my ereader apps.  Movies are very nice.

Speed
It seems to be faster than my first iPad.  It is hard to tell sometimes because the apps for the new iPad are bigger than the old iPad because of the improved graphics.  Hmmm.  Tradeoff there.

Weight and thickness
The new iPad is a little lighter and thinner than my original iPad (but thicker and heavier than the iPad 2).  I think I still prefer my Kindle Touch for reading most of the time, though the iPad can handle almost any book reader app on the market.  Very cool!

Apps
There are some new apps for the iPad with the version.  I bought Garageband for the iPad!  I haven't played with it yet.  I will let you know how it works out.  There are a lot of other apps that have been optimized for the new iPad.  The iMessage app is also available on the iPad now.  I will probably turn this off since I have an iPhone as well.  I get all iMessages on both devices right now!  Yikes!

Complaints
I don't have any major complaints.  Others find the lower left hand corner to get too hot when playing graphics intensive games.  I play Hearts.  Not a big deal to me.  Some folks have some weird screen issues. Probably just a bad unit.  I haven't tried out the LTE stuff yet.  I will probably do that when I visit St Louis next month.

Other Stuff
Whew!  Still feeling sick and weak!  I took a short nap after work last night in hopes of going to D1 class.  I didn't feel like going.  I got up for a little while, had some supper, then went back to bed.  I didn't make it up for my workout this morning.  I will see how I feel tonight.

I have to stop by my walking buddy's house to fix something on her computer.  That shouldn't take long.  I will see if I feel good enough to attend choir rehearsal after that.  Whew...

I had the antibiotic prescription filled this morning.  It is very strong.  I hate to take it because it messes up my system a lot.  I will work through it to get over this infection crap.  Whew...  My blood sugar levels are all over the board as well.  I don't feel well at all.  Heavy sigh...

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment