Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ready....

Our Daily Bread
I was watching the Winter Olympics with some friends several years ago.  While watching the speed skating we were amused by the way one of the starters said "Reeeaaadddyyy" the same odd way every time.  A few months later, I found speed skating while surfing channels and heard the familiar chant "Reeeaaadddyyy" once again!  I called my friends immediately and had a good laugh with them!

The devotional is much more serious than my silly little story.  The point is that while it is important to prepare for the future in our lives, the most important thing is to prepare and maintain our relationship with God!  That is Job One!  Our primary goal!

Are you prepared to meet our Lord?

Lord, help us make our relationship with you our primary goal!

Simply Saturday
I had a better week, though I am still a little sick.  I dragged my tired body out of bed this morning to attend my first cross fit workout.  I have no idea how that will go.  Yikes!  Mi tigre goes to his cross fit gym five or six times per week with amazing results.  I am not sure that is what I want.  I will see how it goes.

I plan to see the movie Wrath of the Titans after the workout.  The rest of the day will be spent reading and watching ball games.  Go Cats!  Go Cards!  Go Bucks!  Yes, my three favorite teams are in the Final Four.  I hate the fact that at least two of them have to lose this weekend.  There can be only one winner!  I am excited that a few friends of mine are in New Orleans for the games.  Congratulations!

I ran a lot of errands last night after work, like three hours worth of errands!  I dropped off a dozen shirts at the laundry.  Picked up cards at the Hallmark store.  Stopped by Costco to use the last of the coupons before they expired on Sunday.  Went to Giant Eagle to get some more gift cards for my trip next week and fill up with gas.    With my three five-gallon gas cans, I used up almost my entire 30 gallon allotment at $1.69 per gallone!  Woohooo!  I have those to fill up before my trip to St Louis next weekend.  I did laundry.  Processed the cards for mailing.  I still managed to do a little reading before dozing off.

I had a good week of talks with mi tigre.  I really like this man.  We will see where it goes.  I think I have a different attitude towards the relationship after our "break" week before last.  I am thinking about that a lot as I interact with him now.

I had a run in with an acquaintance.  I don't know if we will ever talk about it or not.  I am praying for him.  I am praying for me.  I hate these kinds of interactions.  We have had several ups and downs in our friendship over the years.

Time to go.  Wish me luck with the workout!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment