Tuesday, March 20, 2012

We will meet again...

Our Daily Bread
If you have ever read my Monday blog entry, you can tell that I like movies.  I mean I really like movies!  One of the recurring story lines in movies is where the bad guy says to the good guy "Ha, ha, ha!  We will meet again!" before he slips into the night!  Yikes!  We are talking sequel here!

Christians will have a sequel of our own -- being reunited with our loved ones who died before us!  I look at this as a good thing.  I miss my grandparents and my uncles and my friends who died during my lifetime.  I look forward to seeing them again!

Exactly how is this all supposed to work?  I have no clue.  The Bible sort of conflicts itself with how things work after we die.  All I know is that I trust God to make it all work!

Lord, thank you for the promise of a "sequel" after this life is over!

Teaching Tuesday
The D1 lesson this week is on the first half of Acts, chapters 1 - 15.  Our book says that Acts is split up into two logical parts -- the first part talks about the acts of the apostles (or the acts of the Holy Spirit) and the second half talks about the missionary journeys of Paul and company.

From the initial coming of the Holy Spirit to the church at Pentecost throughout the first fifteen chapters, the acts of the apostles through the power of the Holy Spirit were amazing!  People being healed.  Raising people from the dead.  The Holy Spirit transporting Philip away from the eunuch.  Thousands saved.  It is amazing stuff!  Read it and believe today!

Other Stuff
Whew...  I am still sick.  My cough got worse yesterday, so I went to the doctor.  There wasn't a lot he could do.  He gave me some meds and had me keep up my rest and nasal flushes.  The cough is better this morning.  I still feel weak.  I didn't make it out of bed for my 5:00 am workout.  I will try to take it easy today even though I still have some clean up to do from Sunday night.  Whew...

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment