Friday, March 30, 2012

A wee little man

Our Daily Bread
There is a children's song about Zacchaeus telling his story of his interaction with Jesus.  "Zacchaeus, you come down, for I'm going to your house today" says the song!  It sounds so sweet and innocent coming from children!

In fact, Jesus visiting his home was a huge deal!  Zacchaeus was a tax collector. who like other tax collectors, were despised by the Jewish community.  The "good" Jews didn't associate with them in public, much less go to their homes to eat!  Jesus was breaking down barriers so all could enter the kingdom of heaven.

Lord, help us break down barriers so more folks can enter the kingdom of heaven!

Foodie Friday
I am not sure what I am going to make this weekend.  I have some leftovers in the fridge.  I haven't been terribly hungry this week.  I will probably make some snacks to watch the Buckeyes game on Saturday night (and more to watch their game on Monday night!  hehehe).

One of the things I like to make for ball games is a cheese dip with chorizo sausage.  I take a large jar of Frito Lay cheese dip and warm it in a pot.  I fry about a half pound of chorizo per large jar of cheese dip.  I am sure to pat the sausage dry on paper towels before mixing it in with the cheese dip.  I put the concoction in a crock pot on warm.  Hmmmm!  Great served with tortilla chips, Scoops or blue corn chips.

I also like making meatballs in the crock pot.  The original recipe calls for a few pounds of meatballs, a jar of chili sauce and a jar of grape jelly.  I substitute a can of cranberry sauce instead of the grape jelly.  Hmmmmm! Cook for a few hours depending on whether or not the meatballs are frozen or not.  Still occasionally.  Turn the heat down to warm close to serving time so they are not too hot to eat.  Enjoy!

Other Stuff
I was tired after work yesterday!  Whew!  I drove to my counselor's office and sat outside in my Escape to rest and make a few phone calls.  I called my Mom to let her know that I will be visiting St Louis for Easter. We usually spend Easter together if I am in town.  We talked for a while.  I got a short nap before mi tigre called.  We had a nice talk.  I talked to my counselor, then drove to church for choir practice.  I was pretty tired at rehearsal, but managed to get through my solo pretty well.  I went home and jumped into bed as soon as I could.

I didn't make it up for my workout today.  I will walk at lunch today.  I plan to go to the cross fit gym tomorrow.  I will see how that goes.  I want to see the Wrath of the Titans movie this weekend.  I also want to borrow the last Hunger Games book on Sunday.  ;-)

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment