Saturday, March 17, 2012

Weary indeed...

Our Daily Bread
It ALWAYS amazes me the timeliness of these devotions!  I keep telling friends that is the main reason I read this devotional instead of the one they read!  Oh well.  The one today hit me right between the eyes.

Actually, it comforted me.  Thinking of the comforting words that Isaiah told the people of Israel -- a Messiah is coming!  How comforting that must have been!  Things will get better!  Want to know an even more comforting thought?  Jesus, our Messiah, sent us a Comforter!  The Holy Spirit!  God is so good to us!

Lord, sometimes we only let you in when we are feeling weary.  Please help us feel your presence every day!

Simply Saturday
Talk about weary!  Oy, vey!  I had a difficult week.  Weird stuff at work.  Weird stuff at church.  Not feeling well.  Last night topped it all off.  It looks like mi tigre and I won't be talking any more.  Oh well.  While I really liked the man a lot, there were some odd things going on that I haven't written about.  To respect our privacy, I will leave it at that.  God is so good.  He will keep his promise of a relationship.  It doesn't appear to be mi tigre.  The important things are: I didn't get in over my head, I recognized some things early in the friendship that weren't right to me, and I am letting it go.

On the bright side, which is the side I prefer to walk on, I had some good things happen as well!  My workouts and weight loss are going well!  Woohooo!  I will keep it up.  I also received my new iPad yesterday.  I like it a lot!  I also scheduled two trips with my best friend.  That will be fun.

I am so blessed to have a life that is not ordinary.  Jesus said his words of comfort all week in so many different ways.  Praise God!

I worked on getting things ready for my dinner group last night.  I am going grocery shopping this morning.  I need to rest today.  I am not feeling that great.  Whew...

Please know that God is with you.  Look around.  Listen.  See God in your life.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!



No comments:

Post a Comment