Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How u doin?

Our Daily Bread
After working with some folks in New York City for a while and also seeing some characters on TV use the phrase, I started saying "How u doin?" when I greet friends.  Yes, I am a silly bear sometimes!  I like to think that I am just following the scripture passage for today!  hehehe

The passage from Philippians talks about showing God's love by taking a greater interest in others than we show in ourselves.  It appears to be part of God's plan to help us take our eyes off ourselves and think more about others.  It is so easy to be self-centered and not care about others.  In fact, the world we live in encourages us to be that way!  As children of God, we cannot be that way!

Lord, we want to be like Christ, the one who thought of others when he sacrificed himself on the cross!

Teaching Tuesday
We read the first twelve chapters of John for this week's lesson.  The main emphasis of the lesson was to identify all the symbols that John used to help folks understand who Jesus was.  Some examples are light, bread, water, life, shepherd, and gate.  Read the first 12 chapters and see for yourself.  What do you think of the symbols?  Which one(s) speak to you?

Other Stuff
I stopped by Microcenter after work last night to pick up some computer parts.  I got out of there with only one "treat".  I stuck to my shopping list except for the 32 gig USB drive I just had to buy!  ;-p  It was a good deal.  I needed another one since my 8 gig stick died last week.  Yeah, right...  hehehe  I will install the other parts on my laptop and spare computer tonight.  Laundry and geek night coming up!

I also stopped by the gym that offered a Groupon deal last week.  It is near Microcenter, though very out of the way.  I will start there this week or next.  I bought a one month deal.  Their workout style is similar to the gym that mi tigre goes in his city.  I got to talk to mi tigre for a while later.  I really miss him.

I had dinner with my walking buddy and her husband.  We had a nice meal and some nice conversation.  I did a few things around the house after I got home and fell into bed.  5:00 am came pretty early today!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment