Monday, March 19, 2012

The rocks will cry out...

Our Daily Bread
One of my favorite sayings in the Bible goes something like "if we don 't praise God, then the rocks will cry out!".  That gives me such a vivid image of how incredible our God is!  Even inanimate objects will find a voice to praise him!

For many of us, God uses nature to prove his existence.  It is both awe inspiring and overwhelming!  Such intricate details that the folks of our age may never understand!  A supreme being thought of all of this? There is NO WAY it just happened by itself!

If God speaks to you through nature, then be sure to take the time to spend with him outside.  Go to one of the many parks in Columbus or whatever city you reside.

Lord, thank you for giving us this wonderful world!

Movie Monday
Didn't see any movies this week. ;-(  I was very busy during the week, and then was sick over the weekend.  I bought Happy Feet 2 on Bluray this week.  I am looking forward to watching it again.  I love the soundtrack.

Other Stuff
How can I keep from singing?  I cannot!  I gotta keep up with the rocks!  ;-)  I thank God being with me in such a strong way the past few days.  I have not felt well at all.  I guess God used my "slowdown" to speak his comforting peace to me.  I felt his presence reassuring me that I am on the right track.  Things are moving along the way they are supposed to.  God is so good to me.  How can I do anything else but sing his praises?

I am feeling much better today.  Still a little groggy and coughy and snotty.  I will take some more meds after my workout and be on my way to work.  I will take it easy tonight.  I will finish my clean up from the dinner group last night and work on my D1 reading.

Dinner group went very well.  The chicken roulades turned out great.  They were a big hit.  I thought of an easier way to make the sauce after dinner.  Sauces appear to be my nemesis.  The one last night tasted great even though I had to add some corn starch to thicken it up.  Next time, I think I will saute come shallots, add a can of store bought chicken gravy, and then add some sherry vinegar.  That should work!  hehehe  I got most of the clean up done last night.

We also had some excitement.  A tornado warning sounded about the time folks were arriving at my house! It was only til 6:30, but there was a nasty storm rolling through northern Columbus!  I couldn't see the next door neighbors house at one point!  There was some heavy rain damage to my plants, but everything else looked OK.  No tornado.  We ended up in my messy basement for a while!

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!


No comments:

Post a Comment