Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sleep!

Our Daily Bread
I cook a little bit.  I enjoy it, but I am not that good at it nor do I like cleaning up!  ;-p  The thing I find interesting in almost every recipe is a "binding agent".  There is usually something that binds the recipe together so it can cook or bake and come out the way it is supposed to taste.  Many times it is egg.  Sometimes it is a dry ingredient like sugar that makes things happen in the oven to make the cookies taste good.  That is why it is so hard to make cookies with artificial sweeteners!

The church is what binds the children of God together.  Just like we don't make chocolate chip cookies with just flour, we need the other folks in the church to complement the recipe.  To make the recipe come out the way it is supposed to.  Yes, I know we can sometimes get bad ingredients.  You know what I mean.  We just keep working at it until we get it right!

Lord, help us always realize our place in our world and our church!

Psalm Sunday
Psalm 41 is the psalm for this week.  It is one of the "tyipical" have mercy, protect me from my enemies and praise God psalms!  ;-p  It is still beautiful.  Read it out loud with feeling!


Psalm 41

    For the director of music. A psalm of David.
 1 Blessed are those who have regard for the weak;
   the LORD delivers them in times of trouble.
2 The LORD protects and preserves them—
   they are counted among the blessed in the land—
   he does not give them over to the desire of their foes.
3 The LORD sustains them on their sickbed
   and restores them from their bed of illness.

 4 I said, “Have mercy on me, LORD;
   heal me, for I have sinned against you.”
5 My enemies say of me in malice,
   “When will he die and his name perish?”
6 When one of them comes to see me,
   he speaks falsely, while his heart gathers slander;
   then he goes out and spreads it around.

 7 All my enemies whisper together against me;
   they imagine the worst for me, saying,
8 “A vile disease has afflicted him;
   he will never get up from the place where he lies.”
9 Even my close friend,
   someone I trusted,
one who shared my bread,
   has turned against me.

 10 But may you have mercy on me, LORD;
   raise me up, that I may repay them.
11 I know that you are pleased with me,
   for my enemy does not triumph over me.
12 Because of my integrity you uphold me
   and set me in your presence forever.

 13 Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel,
   from everlasting to everlasting.
            Amen and Amen.



Other Stuff
I was feeling better yesterday.  I decided to work out and then read (to rest).  Sleep has eluded me the past few nights, which is very odd for me.  I couldn't nap Saturday afternoon, so I read instead.  I am 70% through the Catching Fire book (the second book in the Hunger Games series).  Very cool!  I saw The Hunger Games movie  last night.  I will review it tomorrow.

I ate dinner with the Bears group, but I wasn't very sociable I am afraid.  I wasn't feeling well and I don't know why.  I think the multigrain Scoops I ate as a snack Saturday afternoon disagreed with me.  Ewww!  I read before the movie.

Go Bucks!  Congratulations on beating Syracuse!  I was nervous about the game and didn't watch it.  They played a great game  I am very proud of them!

I am helping my walking buddy with a house showing this afternoon.  I would rather read!  ;-p

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment