Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The real thing

Our Daily Bread
How can they really tell?  How can the folks in this world really tell that we are the children of God when they read about the problems in churches, the way fellow church members treat each other, and the way we treat people who are different than us church folks!  How could they possibly know?

There is always a glimmer of hope when we have the love of Jesus in our hearts.  That love cannot help but shine out even from the most imperfect vessel.  Story after story in the Bible tell us about this.  Don't we see ourselves in these stories?  I know I do!

Let's be doers of the Word of God.  Show-ers of the love of God!

Lord, help us to be your light in this dark world!  

Teaching Tuesday
The D1 lesson is about the second half of Acts this week.  These chapters talk about the ministry of Paul and how, along with his brothers in Christ, took the show on the road!  ;-p  The spread the word of God all over the region to both Jew and Gentile.  How amazing!  He suffered so much, and counted it gain for the cause of Christ!  Take a quick read of chapters 16 to the end of Acts.  Very cool stuff!

Other Stuff
I had a quiet day at work yesterday.  I came home after stopping at Meijer to pick up a few things.  I needed to work out since I didn't make it up this morning.  I hope I can sleep better tonight!  I don't think I have built up stress or anything.  Very odd.

I had a few phone conversations, watched a little TV and went to bed.  Relaxing night after being pretty busy over the weekend.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment