Thursday, March 8, 2012

We got a lapper!

Our Daily Bread
Some of these stories in the Old Testament are so hilarious to me!  The story of how God told Gideon to select his army for the battle against the Midianites is a perfect example.  God told Gideon:
“Separate those who lap the water with their tongues as a dog laps from those who kneel down to drink.” Judges 7:5  I could just hear some character from Friends saying something like "we got a lapper!"  ha!

What did the devotional say to me?  Well, it was about taking us out of our comfort zone so we can rely more fully on God!  Whether it is war or our daily lives, we need to let go and let God.  I know that is much easier said than done.  That is why I keep reminding you about it every day at the end of my blog entries!  hehehe

What are you holding on to that God wants you to let go of?  Let's pray for each other that we can identify those things and let go!

Thank you, Lord, for being there for us.  Please help us to let go so you can make us stronger and win the victory!

Technology Thursday
The new iPad is here!  The new iPad is here!  Woohoooo!  ;-)  I fought through delays on the busy Apple web site to order the new iPad yesterday afternoon.  It should arrive on March 16.  Woohoo!  Here is a breakdown of the Apple announcement yesterday:

New iPad
Here are the new features on the iPad.  I am not sure if they are calling it the iPad3 or iPad HD or just the 3rd generation iPad.

  • retina display (like the iPhone 4S, which is stunning...)
  • upgraded camera (5MP)
  • new apps, like iLife and iWork
  • faster Internet access via 4G LTE
  • faster dual-core processor with quad core graphics
  • Same pricing as the iPad2 was when it came out
  • They are keeping the iPad2 and lowered the price!  The 16 gig iPad2 is now $399.  

My recommendation?  If you do not have an iPad or have the original iPad, I recommend buying this device.  I don't think there is a big enough difference between the new iPad and the iPad2 to justify the expense.  Also, if you don't really need the new features, the iPad2 is still a great device and it is cheaper now!

Apple TV
Apple upgraded their TV device to handle HD video streaming, especially from iTunes.  Interesting.

Other Stuff
I had a busy day on Wednesday and got flustered from the start.  I forgot my medicine at home.  Not a good thing.  I got to work and my training class late.  Not a good thing.  I had a miscommunication with mi tigre about our phone call.  Definitely not a good thing.  I was late to D1 class due to traffic.  Whew...  The good news is I ordered my new iPad!  Woohooo!

I will probably run home after work tonight to get a few things done.  Or, I might just run a few errands and finish putting laundry away Friday night.

Let go, my friends!  God will be there to catch you and hold you in his loving arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment