Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Backstage pass...

Our Daily Bread
A while back, a friend of mine won a set of concert tickets that included a backstage pass to meet the performers. I forgot who the performers were. I think it was some country music group. They had a pass that gave them unlimited access to a restricted area. They felt so special!

The devotional today talks about how we have our own backstage pass to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! How special do YOU feel now! ;-) We can talk to God at any time. We can rely on his strength and wisdom at any time. We can ask for help, praise him, or just be quiet and listen at any time. During this week of Thanksgiving, please take a few minutes to be thankful for the love of our God!

Lord, thank you for the backstage pass to your boundless love. I want to show that love in my life each day.

Discipleship Two-sday
We don't have our class this week due to Thanksgiving Eve. hehehe Here are some thoughts from previous lessons.

Jacob: Talk about amazing stories! This man wrestled with God. This man worked tirelessly for the woman he loved. This man was more imperfect than a reality TV star! Somehow, God decided to use him. God decided to rename him to the nation of Israel. One man can make a difference when God is in the equation! God can and will work through imperfect people. That is the most important lesson I learned from these chapters.

Joseph: Talk about amazing stories! hehehe Joseph was a cocky young man who was his father's favorite. That is not a good thing when you have ten older brothers! Ha! He was thrown in a pit to die, but was spared when his brothers decided to sell him into slavery instead. He prospered wherever he was in the land of Egypt even though he had many obstacles (or opportunities!) in his way. He went from a lowly slave to the second most powerful man in Egypt. God does work in mysterious ways. The lesson I learned is that I need to let go and let God!

Other Stuff
I had a nice evening with my buddy Fly bear. He is working over the holiday weekend, so we won't get to see each other. I am sure we will talk and text.

My friend, Bubby, got some good news yesterday that was an answer to prayer. Thank God!

My mother seems to be healing well from her knee surgery. I will see her again on Thursday for Thanksgiving.

Work is very busy, but going OK this week. We fixed some issues yesterday. That was a relief. Still have some more things to fix today and tomorrow. Whew!

I am having a friend over for dinner tonight. I am looking forward to having him in my home for the first time.

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment