Sunday, November 14, 2010

Never be ashamed...

Our Daily Bread
My first thought when I read today's devotional was "This is nice. I will pray for the folks who are being persecuted. We don't see that in the USA". That is obviously the wrong attitude! Lord, I am sorry! It is so easy to distance yourself from these things when there is distance between you and where they are happening!

THEN, I read Phil 1:20: For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die.

Wow, there are three points (but no poem) to this sermon topic! "never be ashamed" is the first. Have you ever been ashamed to know Christ? "continue to be bold" -- how can we continue to be something that we have never been? "trust that my life will bring honor to Christ" -- now that is a great goal for a "no ordinary life" kind of child of God!

Lord, I want to live the message in Phil 1:20. Help me to do that each day.

Sunday Friend
I nicknamed the friends for this week Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Neither one is dumb, so don't read anything into that! These two straight men sit behind me at work in the same row. We have gotten to be friends the past two years as we sat through several challenges in our department and our company. I appreciate the care and support we have for each other as we check on each other regularly when we are out of the office, when we are working too much and when things seem to have us more than a little overwhelmed.

I have to admit that I have a hard time keeping a clean mouth around these guys. We have a tendency to talk about some inappropriate things at times that can be raunchy. I have been trying to clean up my act around them. They have noticed. I am also trying to be a mentor to these guys as I am a little older and wiser. hehehe That isn't work out so well! hehehe OH well, I appreciate these men very much. It makes me look forward to going into work each day knowing my buddies will usually be there.

Other Stuff
I had a busy "me time" day yesterday. I ran errands in the morning, then did some stuff around the house. I watched OSU beat Penn State even though the first half was a little nerve wrecking! I did most of my reading for D2 so I can do some more studying over the material the next few days.

I am heading to church this morning. I need to drop off some stuff at my hero's house. I am going to a movie with my close friend, Fly bear. We might even have an early supper at Cracker Barrrel. MmmMMmmmmmm! I am not sure I will have time to see him again for the next 10 days due to our busy schedules.

I want to praise God today for the many things that happened this week. I learned so much about God's will -- what it is for me now and how much I need to trust him for the future. I don't know what is going to happen this week, but I know without a doubt that God will be with me each step of the way!

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment