Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It happened to me...

Our Daily Bread
Is it really possible for someone to change from Superman to playing his next role from a wheelchair? The Wednesday devotional pointed out the story of Christopher Reeve. It is sooooo easy to say "That can never happen to me".

Personally, I have always had some kind of health issue since I was a child. I have always pushed forward and made the most of my life with the body I was given. Granted, I haven't always taken best care of my "temple" that God has blessed in so many ways. I have worked on that on and off over my 51 years (see the new Wednesday topic below!). My eyes haven't been doing that great the past few days. I will keep working and trusting.

The bottom line? We need to realize that we should ALWAYS find out strength in God during good times or bad times. We cannot forget God and get what my grandmother called "too big for your britches!" hehehe

Lord, you are my strength and my hope each and every day of my life. Thank you for sustaining me.

Weight Loss Wednesday
New topic! I am sure that I wore you all out with the relationships topic, so I am moving on! hehehe One of the tips for success for weight loss is having someone to which you are accountable. I pick all of you, my readers! ;-) I will write down what I am doing with my lifestyle change to get to my ideal weight (or at least close!). I can do this!

I started the new program a few weeks ago. My beginning weight was 272.
Starting weight: 272.0
Weight last Wednesday: 269.0
Weight today: 267.0
Weekly +/- 2.0
Overall +/- 5.0

The topic this week is diet. I KNOW I talk about my diet a lot on here. It is a big deal for me (as it is for anyone). I have been doing research on incorporating the best parts of different lifestyles like eating lots of fish and the vegan lifestyle into my diet. I am diabetic, so I have to be careful to count carbs and take enough insulin to maintain my blood sugar. I promised my doctor that I would try to cut down the carbs and the insulin.

I also promised him that I would cut down on the nervous eating. Since I stopped biting my fingernails, I have a tendency to eat nervously when at work. It is not pretty! I will stop the nervous eating or at least eat better stuff when I do so.

I know I can't stay on what I call the 10 year old diet forever: pizza, hamburgers and chicken nuggets. ;-p Those things are easy and filling. I will eat better.

Next week -- exercise review.

Other Stuff
I had a busy evening, but got a lot done. I needed to mow my lawn and get some stuff done in my landscaping before winter. I worked hard and got all of that done in about 90 minutes before it got dark. I took some cardboard boxes to recycling. I realized I had time to get to the cleaners to pick up my shirts before they closed. I stopped by the bank. I stopped by Bed Bath and Beyond (where do you buy lemon oil for cutting boards?) I stopped by O'Charley's so my buddy Chaz could bring me supper. I went home to put away laundry and empty the dishwasher. Whew! I also talked with flybear since he is on a trip (he is a flight attendant) and also had a text conversation with my hero.

My hero attended a Thanksgiving cooking class on Monday. I want her to do a practice run at my house on Saturday for her big dinner extravaganza on Thanksgiving. Should be fun. I will let you know how that goes.

God is working on me again (still). There is a veil in my head about the future. The road is ahead is unclear, but I will trust and keep walking.

Hang in there, my friends. I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment