Sunday, November 21, 2010

O, Lord, our Lord, how majestic is...

Our Daily Bread
"O, Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all of the earth!" I knew this phrase from the Sandi Patti song came from scripture, but I didn't know what passage. It is from the scripture lesson today in Psalm 8:1. What a great song!

The devotional talks about how God uses children to accomplish his will. How many times has a child said something profound? We see things like that at my church almost every Sunday.

Those of you that know me realize I don't have pets. I have "adopted nieces and nephews" that are pets owned by friends and family. The children at church have a project for Christmas to gather pet supplies for dogs and cats at animal shelters. They touched my heart so I had to buy some of the stuff on the list during my last Target run!

God can use children. Pay attention even if you don't have children in your life on a regular basis (like me).

Lord, help us have the faith and trust of a little child.

Sunday Friend
My Sunday friend is my college best friend, the Wolverine. I call him that because he is from Detroit and is, ughhh...., a Michigan fan! Yikes! I tried to convert him to the way of the scarlet and gray, but I was unsuccessful! hehehe

W and I met during my sophomore year in college. We immediately formed a bond of friendship that had its ups and downs in college. The lady he eventually married was a friend of mine, so we had another "link" there. We talked and talked about our lives and the things that God was doing and that God was going to do.

He was part of the rebel crowd that dressed in camo and weren't the typical preacher boy personalities. He went through a rebellious time of drinking and partying that was difficult for me to watch. I did my best to drag him back to the right road. He eventually found it himself.

I talked to W about my sexuality. He was probably the first person that I talked to about it in depth. He supported me in the journey to come out because he cared about me and wanted God's will for my life. He would have preferred me as a straight colleague and best friend for life. We are still close, though we only email occasionally after losing touch for many years.

I will always be thankful for the love and concern and prayers from W. He will always hold a special place in my heart.

Other Stuff
I had a nice visit with my Mother yesterday. We laughed. We talked. We watched TV. I made her lunch. I also cleaned her kitchen floor with the new Swiffer WetJet I took her. She is recovering from the knee surgery she had on Friday. I am a little worried that her wound isn't clearing up as promised. I will check on her today.

I had some nice texts and phone calls with friends during the day and evening. I hadn't talked to my best friend much past two weeks due to his business trip. We had a nice talk last night.

I am going to rest today and get ready for my dinner group tonight.

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment