Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Who is our neighbor?

Our Daily Bread
The Tuesday devotional talks about one of the most well-known stories in the New Testament -- The Good Samaritan. It is a nice story with a very nice ending with a very powerful message!

I have the same question as the man in the story "but who is my neighbor?" I lived in Cincinnati for 3.5 years. I have never been pan-handled so much in my life! ( I didn't say "man-handled", I said "pan-handled"! hehehe). Are each one of the homeless or pan handlers my neighbor? Am I supposed to give each and everyone money? Take them to an inn and have them cared for? Give them a card and direct them to a local homeless shelter? I feel I sound like one of the Pharisees of Jesus' time asking the minimum I can do to enter the kingdom of heaven!

As I have written in previous posts, with great blessing comes great responsibility.

Lord, I want to be a good neighbor. Please help me figure out that that means in my life.

Disciple Two-sday
I am sooooo over the iTunes Tuesday topic! ;-) I decided to change it up a little and write about the Disciple 2 class until the second week in March 2011. It has been a great class so far. I look forward to the other things I am going to learn.

We started out reading the Book of Genesis with all the stories of the patriarchs of the Jewish people. There were some amazing stories!

We started studying the Book of Exodus two weeks ago by watching the movie The Ten Commandments. We will discuss the movie tonight and talk about our readings of the first ten chapters of Exodus.

The overriding theme I have seen so far is -- God uses imperfect people to accomplish his holy will. That gives us all so much hope!

I will write more each week as my studies continue.

Other Stuff
I had dinner last night with my buddy I nicknamed Puppy Dog a few weeks ago. We hadn't talked in a while. He is so funny when we start talking about stuff. It was nice to spend time with him.

I had to work for a while after that. Lots of fun. I am trying to figure out some problems at work. That is what I do.... ;-)

Not sure what today will bring. Though I cannot see the road ahead of me, I will trust God and follow it.

Hang in there, my friends! I will be upbeat and steady. That is what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment